Re: UNI-TRAC and the Yaesu G-5500 controller

Hi Dave,

What can you tell me about the AZ rotator on the new 5500?  Is it more HD than
what is on the 5400 or the 5600?  Did they take one of their bigger AZ rotators
and mate it to the EL portion of the 5400?  Lots of questions, I know.  I'm
turning my whole tower with my 5400, HF beam and all (the EL part just does
normal duty).  So far, no problems but I know I'm asking for problems with that
AZ rotator (I have a spare on hand).

Thanks.

73 - JC,k0hps@amsat.org