RE: Stupid Questions from a newbie

Hello Tim

(...)

>>My 435/144 antennas are currently configured for RHC polarization.  Is this
>>the preferred polarization for all current satellites?

Theoritically yes, but a switchable LHC/RHC system is the ideal solution.
The experience shows that (at least on FO-20 and FO-29) the polarisation changes
several times during a same pass. The same phenomenon exists on AO-10
(mainly on the 144 MHz downlink) with a few minutes period.

Cheers

Jean-Louis F6AGR