Re: Yaesu FT-736R vs Icom 821H ..847!

Objective

The 847 is already 9600 baud ready - The stock 736 is not.
The 847 has a CAT interface - The 736 requires an expensive external large
adapter.
The 847 has a Doppler compensation control - I never noticed one the 736.
The 847 has 10 meter receive allowing RS operation, the 736 & 82x do not.

Subjective

The 847's receive seems better than the 736. The 736's weak signal side
seem 'poppy', like the signal was bridging a diodes threshold. I have been
told that the 847's receive is better than the 82x's but I have no first
hand experience with this.

Purchase the 500Hz Collins filter for CW and the Inrad SSB filter if you
want a superior HF rig!

Check out

 http://www.en.com/users/rayd/ft-847/index.html

Regards