Re: Wanted: Icom IC-820h and IC-821h info

In message <199907140331.WAA25388@mail.HiWAAY.net>, JIMMY  POTTER
<bypotter@hiwaay.net> writes
>Has anyone had any problems with the IC-820h or IC-821h  radios. I am
>considering buying one for sat use

Hi Jim,
 My first 821H developed a fault after just a few weeks - both displays
insisted on working on the same band. Sent it back to the dealer and
Icom replaced it within 10 days. The replacement has behaved just fine
for well over 15 months now and it has been used virtually every day.

73  John  M1BTR  Lincolnshire, England
--
  m1btr@midmarsh.demon.co.uk         M1BTR@GB7SKG
  QRV 6m 2m 70cm       Member: BATC RIG RSGB UKRS