RE: IC-821 Preamp Follow-Up

Good tip, I had thought of possibly adding a filter later on,
but did not give the pre-amps a thought.

Any pros/cons on any of this stuff?

My thought was to mast mount the pre-amps, amplifiers, and
filters in a WX-proof box just below the rotors.  Shielded from
the sun, it isn't half bad that way.  Anybody ever try it?
Just imagine what a 100 watt UHF amp right at the antenna
would have for ERP!!!  Anybody ever try this, or am I STAR
TREKING it???  (going where no man has gone before)

I await the comments, brain in receptive mode.

Vy73,  Mike.   KD9KC    MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@elp.rr.com  -  kd9kc@amsat.org
Home page: http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/
The farthest WEST ham in West Texas.