Re: Mir, SO-35, RS-18 stuff.

On 7/11/99 6:18 PM,
MR STEPHEN G THOMPSON of TKVF99C@prodigy.com wrote:
> I'm going to say it again,
>and that is that the privilege is being abused.
>Even with 5 watts and an outdoor antenna I was
>unable to make one contact at any point during the
>entire pass due to certain stations literally
>monopolizing the use of that satellite.

Funny, I was able to make 2 contacts with a very
modest station.

It was a pileup - and great fun !

A wonderful time was had by all those who were
capable of having a wonderful time :)

>I propose we simply limit their activity by
>working only those stations we are hearing for the
>first time in that pass and limiting our own contact
>count to two in one pass.
Sounds a little punitive to me Stephen, but then
you will have to get in there and make a contact
or two before the big stations know that you are
snubbing them :)

Sorry - couldn't help poking a little fun.

But seriously, better luck next time. I think
things will settle down as the 'new' wears off.

At any rate - many thanks to the SUNSAT
team for providing a great new resource.

I am sure that if they continue to make it
available, we will be able to enjoy it
without flaming each other senseless.

73...Don VE3VRW