FT-847 and WiSP

I'm using WiSP with an FT-847 to work the 9600 digi sats. As I have
mentioned I have been having trouble adjusting the deviation to an adequate
level. I discovered that in the WiSP Satellite Setup menu, under
Frequencies, WiSP offers numerous mode options in this setup window. I had
set mine to FM-N, however, I found that FM and FM-W settings provided the
deviation figures I was looking for. The 847 manual indicates that the
Narrow setting is intended for HF operation not VHF/UHF. What should this
setting be in WiSP and on the 847. I'm controlling rotor and radio via the
WiSP DDE Client.
Rick

Richard J. Lawn
Meyerson Centennial Professor