SO-35

Wow!  Being far south, I thought I would have a minute or two when the bird
wasn't so crowded to get on and try it out.  I guess EVERYBODY wanted the
same thing.  Maybe on a Wednesday in September I'll have a chance.

That bird is loud!  XE2YVW's comment about "like being in my living room" was
pretty accurate.  When W5ACM started it off (within a microsecond of the "on"
command) I had to reach to turn down the volume.  The suggestion I heard here
to reduce the power output and increase the usage time sounds very sensible.
I'm guessing an order of magnitude (10 dB) reduction would still have it
easier to copy than AO-27.

I noted only about 5 kHz Doppler drift in the downlink from horizon to
horizon (compared to 15+ from AO-27).

73,
Jerry, K5OE