IC-821 Preamp Follow-Up

After posting the question to the reflector, I remembered that I have a way
to check current and voltage in-line on a piece of coax.  At work, I use it
to check the same thing in our active GPS receive antennas.

I hooked the device up and got the following readings:

    Mirage:  12.89VDC @ 50mA
    Icom:  12.71VDC @ 50mA

With my preamp, I have no way to power it externally from the coax - if
there is a way, I don't know it!  I'll use the switch on the front of the
'821 and eliminate 2 "N" connectors from my system and some space on my
desk.

Thanks for the help.

73,
Joel
OM:  Joel B. Black, KS4AW     XYL:  Kristie H. Black, KF4CHN
Eutaw, AL...............EM62bv     kahblack@mindspring.com
AMSAT member #32589
jbblack@mindspring.com
ks4aw@amsat.org