Re: IC-821 Preamp

Joel-
There's two schools of thought on how to power an external preamp.

The first is that you can power the preamp through the coax without any
degradation of the signal.

The second is that any current that you're sending to the bird will effect the
primary RF signal.

My personal opinion is that if at all possible, don't take the easy way out.
Make a run to the preamp(s) that powers the them from a source independent of
the coax.

--

--
Jeffrey S Austin