Challenges on AO-27

One of the things I have enjoyed doing on AO-27 is trying to see how far I
can reach using it.  Sometimes this has meant setting up a schedule with
someone and looking at possible passes with only a 15-30 second interval
when we will both be in the footprint.  It may be that only a single pass is
available with the right window in any given month.   Using an HT makes it
even more challenging.

It is easy enough to calculate the distance using grid squares.  Is anyone
else into this?  Would there be any interest in listing distances made like
those that are done on VHF?

Scott

Scott E. Olitsky, M.D.
Children's Hospital of Buffalo