Re: so35

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:42:26 -0400 (EDT), Bob Bruninga <bruninga@nadn.navy.mil> wrote:

> As we go to more and more mobile and portable operation thorugh more and
> more satellites, we must allow for the distinction between routine (fun)
> operations, and urgent-critical-important communications.  With FM, that
> distinction can easily be made with power.  5 Watts for everyone for
> routine. Whatever it takes for emergenceies...

Actually, even with the inefficient whip on my HT that I use for AO-27, I
have found that I can drop the power down to 3 watts and still get perfectly
good reports. I wonder what the minimum power into a Arrow would be?

Jeff

           ---- Jeff Johns W4JEF - Reserve Patrol Captain ----
           ---    Jefferson County Sheriff's Department    ---
           ---           Birmingham, Alabama USA           ---
           --- HP200LX & BayPac.. QRP Packet At It's Best! ---
           ---- Finger jeffj@scott.net for my PGP RSA Key ----