Re: so35

<< > So my suggestion is that everyone who made a successful contact or was

 i hope that you were not referring to my operating procedures. i have always
 made several contacts and then let everyone else do it.  >>

Bruce,

Although your mail to me was direct I wanted to return my apologies to you
both personally and through the board....Truthfully, I only heard the Real
Audio pass and to me it sounded like 29.600 or CB during an opening....Your
contact wasn't on RA
 (I don't think)

My problem is that I only read down to your posting before I got upset enough
to respond...I unfortunately used your statement as a soapbox..again I
apologize...

However...there has to be a better way to do this..a single channel FM
satellite becomes simply a "calling frequency"...and with SO-35's excellent
coverage a method has to be designed to allow all amateurs interested in
using it to do so.

Perhaps a "directed net" approach?....A DX "pileup" approach?....A "call
area" approach...Low power Pass?...High Power Pass? (Just Kidding)...handheld
day?

As for who is an alligator...not for me to judge...It's just when I see them
I don't go near the water.

The problems are obvious....but we have some of the greatest minds on the
planet reading these bulletins.....seriously....how many of your neighbors,
coworkers, acquaintances do you know who have the ability to talk through any
satellite...even one that is an FM repeater?

Lets get the minds rolling.....and learn from past mistakes

Roger

WA1KAT

(Bruce...I know I wandered....and I used your note to start it..sorry...seems
I'll never learn)