Re: Re: Sat Tracking/Best

-----Original Message-----
From: Frits Westra <fwestra@hetnet.nl>
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Date: Tuesday, July 06, 1999 8:18 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Sat Tracking/Best

>Hello everybody,
>
>I'm an absolute beginner at sat tracking and new on this list. Need
>some good advice on this, hope you cracks can help. I understand
>STS-Plus is a real-time satellite tracker. Can STS make pass
>predictions? I don't need fancy displays of maps, only predictions of

Yes. STSPLUS does make pass predictions.  You need to configure the data
output options for this under the "F3" selection from the main menu.

>satellite passes for a given time period, listing time above the
>horizon, azimuth, max elevation. Preferably a DOS program. It would be
>nice if such a program would easily accept any given times, dates,
>years, so I can finally check up on visual sat observations I had in
>the past.

You can run the program using any "Simulated" time from the "F8" selection
from the main menu.  The pass predictions and satellite positions will then
work from the Simulated time until you change it or restore the DOS time.

If there are any further questions about the program, feel free to contact
me.  I can answer most questions about STSPLUS, but if I can't I'll refer
your question directly to program author Dave Ransom.

Ken Ernandes
n2wwd@mindspring.com
http://www.mindspring.com/~n2wwd