Re: Re: Sat Tracking/Best

On Tue, 06 Jul 1999 14:18:15 +0200, Frits Westra <fwestra@hetnet.nl> wrote:

> predictions? I don't need fancy displays of maps, only predictions of
> satellite passes for a given time period, listing time above the
> horizon, azimuth, max elevation. Preferably a DOS program. It would be
> nice if such a program would easily accept any given times, dates,
> years, so I can finally check up on visual sat observations I had in
> the past.

I use both STS Plus and Predict on my HP200LX Palmtop PC. I actually use STS
to amaze people at what my little computer can do and use Predict for pass
predictions. Predict is an awesome little program that is accurate (at least
for me). It's available at the Amsat site and is written by John Magliacane
KD2BD.

Jeff

           ---- Jeff Johns W4JEF - Reserve Patrol Captain ----
           ---    Jefferson County Sheriff's Department    ---
           ---           Birmingham, Alabama USA           ---
           --- HP200LX & BayPac.. QRP Packet At It's Best! ---
           ---- Finger jeffj@scott.net for my PGP RSA Key ----