Re: No SO-35 "repeater" heard 1740 +/-

In message <377FA0E0.6C7BDC52@gate.net>, KF4FDJ (Mike in Ft. Myers, FL)
<seven77@gate.net> writes
>Fellow ops,
>
>I programmed in the frequencies that Hans gave to all of us.  I even put
>together the ARROW, and programmed 5 pairs in my HT, hoping to give it
>the HT test, but, alas, no bird!  I guess we'll pay the price for
>slighting the southern hemisphere with Oscar 27!  :-)  What a tease and
>a grand waste of time.

Hi Mike,
I set up here for the 12:44 pass over Europe with the same outcome :(
I did try transmitting on the uplink in case it doesn't create the
'quietening' of normal background noise like AO-27.
I assume the times given were UTC.
Maybe there was a technical problem.
Looking forward to trying again another time.

John  M1BTR  Lincolnshire, England.

--
  m1btr@midmarsh.demon.co.uk         M1BTR@GB7SKG
  QRV 6m 2m 70cm       Member: BATC RIG RSGB UKRS