Re: Kansas City Tracker?

At 12:09 AM 7/2/1999 EDT, you wrote:
>I am setting up a satellite station. I have a Yaesu FT-847, KLM circular
>polarized 2 meter and 440 beams, and a Yaesu G5500 rotator. I am interested
>in getting a computer interface for my Yaesu 5500 rotator to interface it to
>my Pentium II. The research that I have done leads me to believe that the
>Kansas City tracker with the tuner option is the best option in a controller
>given my equipment, due to the fact that it handles doppler shift
adjustments
>automatically. If anyone can give me some feedback I would sure appreciate
>it. Satellites are something new to me, I can use all the help that I can
>get. Is it possible that somebody has a used tracking interface that they
>would consider selling?
>----
Check out the unitrac controller from zl2amd (lamontd@clear.net.nz).
It is a little device which connects to your parallel port. Supports your
ft-847 directly with no level converter required. Also supports the new
G-5500 rotator with its greater than 180 degree azimuth rotator. Has all
the bells and whistles for Doppler correction for both digital and analog
sats including Full Doppler Tuning (see www.amsat.org for article by kb5mu).

It comes with its own tracking program. However it can also work in
conjunction with Nova if you want its maps etc. Also for digital sat
operators it will work in conjunction with Wisp. There will be a web page
soon but for now just send Dave an email.

ron w8gus.