Re:Cross boom question

Tony:

Here's an idea. Contact M2 and order the 2" crossboom kit that they sell. It's a
little pricey but worth every penny in my opinion.

While living in North Dakota I purchased the kit. It has a 12" X 1 1/4" center
shaft to go through the elevation rotor. Then you slip the 2" X 5' fiberglass
pipes over the shaft and pin it on each side with bolts and self-locking nuts.
Here's the great part: When I ordered mine, M2 sent along a 2' chunk of 1 1/4"od
solid fiberglass. I cut that in half stuck one in each end of the fiberglass
pipes to accomodate the 1 1/4" mounting hardware that came with my KLM antennas.
This combination spread everything out to almost 12' wide leaving me with plenty
of room for a 2.4gig dish and a 1.2gig helical in between the 2m & 70cm
antennas.

Guess what... the whole thing withstood the gusty winds & freezing temps of
North Dakota and worked great to boot.

Good luck on the project. Remember, overbuilt is better built!

Mark