Re: Cross boom question

Hi Tony and all,
I have used a similar device to you except it is ABS pipe, with a
wooden pole in the center, and the pole is wrapped in fiberglass
tape every foot to make it a nice snug fit inside the ABS pipe.
with temperatures which range from over 90 F to under minus 20 F,
i have not had any noticeable droop in the boom and I have a 2m
70 cms 1.2 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz (bob meyers dish) mounted on it.

73 de Robin Haighton VE3FRH
Executive Vice President AMSAT-NA