Re: TNC Commands for Mir ??

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, EA3CFC wrote:

> I am interested in te TNC Settings for MIR contact

Please consider not "connecting" to MIR (since it is always busy and only
adds QRM to the channel).   Consider transmitting a UI packet via the MIR
digipeater instead.  You can use a few UI packets to say "hi" to other
stations and it is much more effecient use of the channel.  To send a UI
packet:

1)  Set UNPROTO to QST VIA R0MIR
2)  Set CONVERSE MODE
3)  Now everything you type will get transmitted as a UI frame.  If you
begin each line with a ">" and keep it to under 20 characters, then
everyone monitoring with a Kenwood THD7 HT will see your comments too.
If your packet is successful, you will see it digipeated and so will
everyone else monitoring the downlink.

A useful UI packet might be:

     >[FM19dx] Bob in Maryland

This includes my Grid square and name and location.  And will be copied by
all stations.  APRS stations will even plot you on the map.

de WB4APR, Bob