Re: Information on the X.25 Protocol

> Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 11:59:10 -0400
> From: Laura Halliday <lha@sdr.utias.utoronto.ca>
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Information on the X.25 Protocol
>
> At 10:06 AM 6/28/99 -0700, Dennis Ray Wingo wrote:
>
> > I am looking for source information on the AX or X.25 protocol.
> > I have a project in mind that I need to figure out how to use
> > or re-create X.25.
>
> Try:
>
>    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/pktf.html

Oops... I thought you were looking for source code, not a source of
information.

You probably want AX.25 2.0 on the Web page listed above; it is easier
to read than AX.25 2.2,  plus I haven't heard of any AX.25 2.2
implementations.

Again, note that AX.25 and X.25 are dramatically different protocols.
X.25 Recommendations are available (for a fee) from the ITU,
http://www.itu.org/.  These Recommendations also used to be
available from the UN bookstore in NYC and from private companies, but
I haven't bought any ITU documents for a while.

More trivia from,

	-tjs