RE: QSL return rate

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 21:44:45 -0700 "Ron Seiler"  r_seiler@junction.net>
writes:

>P.S. I sent out 720 cards(direct with postage and envelope enclosed)
>over the past 5 years and got 285 back.

Yep, I know what you mean.  I have been working toward VUCC and WAS
on mode A and MIR.  I have QSLed every contact, and the non-response
stations a second time including a SASE, and a pre printed generic
card.  All they need to do is sign it and send it.  You know what...
still no answers.  I was taught that the contact wasn't finished till
the QSL card was sent.  Well, now-a-days, that can be expensive.
But if I get a card, I send a reply.  If I send a card, I do hope for
a reply.  Simple amateur courtesy and spirit.  Guess it is missing
in some.

I have a list of the stations that did not reply, care to compare
lists <GRIN>.  Anybody got any tricks to get those stubborn last
few to respond???

Vy73,  Mike.   KD9KC    MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@elp.rr.com  -  kd9kc@amsat.org
Home page: http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/