Re: Multi Mode TNC Recomendation wanted

At 17:02 6/26/1999 -0500, Jeff Whisler wrote:

>I am looking for TNC recommendations for working the Digital Birds.
>I understand Timewave / AEA is no longer making the 2332.
>
>Whats a ham to use??  I currently have no TNC.
>
>Jeff
>
>WV9X
>
>Hey, Trust me, Ima salesman

Timewave is offering the PK-96 that it acquired from AEA.  I used one of
the first AEA units for years.  I was very pleased and would not have
replaced it, but mother nature sent a lightning bolt my way.  I now have a
Timewave PK-96.  The nice part is that it has more memory and cost less
than the original.  This tnc will do both 1200 and 9600 packet and may be
used for terrestrial communication as well.

If you are also interested in 1200 PSK birds, you may wish to look at the
offerings from Pac-Comm.

73 de Roger Snyder, K4RS
Internet: k4rs@amsat.org or k4rs@iname.com
AX.25 packet: K4RS @ N4XEO.#FTP.FL.USA.NOAM