No Subject

chickasaw.gate.net (8.8.6/8.6.12) with SMTP id WAA280790 for
<amsat-bb@amsat.org>; Sun, 27 Jun 1999 22:07:26 -0400
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 22:06:37 -0400
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
From: "Steven R. Bible" <srbible@gate.net>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Multi Mode TNC Recomendation wanted
Sender: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org

At 05:37 PM 6/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Can the Motorola 56002 EVM work with all the digital satellites modes?

Yes.

My EVMRI is my satellite modem.  It does G3RUH 9600 bps FSK and 1200 bps
PSK.  I wrote a getting started guide (fourth revision draft) and it
outlines how to load programs to the EVM.  The guide is available at

    ftp://ftp.tapr.org/dsp/Motorola/dsp56002/evm56k/TAPR_evmri/

the assembly manual is here also.

The EVM acts as a KISS modem.  For example, to use the EVM with WiSP, tell
WiSP the TNC is a TNC-2.  Works like a chap.  Stacy Mills W4SM wrote a
guide on how to set up the EVM with WiSP and how to download the different
modems for each satellite type (i.e. PACSAT or UoSAT) pass.  I can email
the EVM WiSP guide to you if you like to read it (we've been meaning to add
it to the ops guide).

So many projects, so little time. (sob)  :-)

- Steve, N7HPR
  n7hpr@tapr.org
  n7hpr@amsat.org