Re: AO-10 status 26th Jun

From:           	K5OE@aol.com
Date sent:      	Sun, 27 Jun 1999 15:22:37 EDT
Subject:        	Re: [amsat-bb] AO-10 status 26th Jun
To:             	m-arai@din.or.jp, amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org

> Later on 27th, 0130 - 0500 it was deserted while over Pacific (apogee).  I
> did not even hear FD activity from hams in western US.  The Field Day

i don't think it was deserted, you just couldn't hear. i worked all my ao-10
contacts from 0254z to 0358z on the 27th. half cw, half phone. in the mix
were k5dx, al7le (alaska), n6paa, k9la, n6me and others. i really did not
notice the fm'ing on any of my phone or cw contacts. maybe it affects the
contact less as it reaches apogee.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas                                   or: kk5do@hal-pc.org
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on GE-1 (W1), T12, 5.7MHz at 103 deg