Re: Help with AO-27

Hi Tim,

        Besides being a weak bird ( a yagi on receive
helps a great deal) there is a tremendous amount
of doppler shift on AO-27. Try 436.805 at the start
of the pass and with the VFO control move with the
Sat down to about 436.785 at the end of the pass.
Since the HT does not have VFO set your channel
steps to 5 khz and move in 5K steps with the Sat.
If you simply sit on 436.8 you will miss the pass.

John...KD2JF
xlr8@worldnet.att.net