RE: RE: [Amsat-bb] bulletins

On Saturday, June 12, 1999 12:03 PM, Dan James
[SMTP:DanJ@marvin.com] wrote:
: Greetings all,
:
: > Greg, N0ZHE, wrote:
: >
: > what has happened to the ans bulletins, I have not received any
: > for two
: > weeks, did I mis a posting on the amsat-bb telling why?
: > thanks, see you all on the birds.
: >
: This is Dan, NN0DJ, ANS Editor replying.... Greg, you are correct,
: the ANS
: bulletins sets have been missed by a number of people. Several
: factors have
: caused the recent delays, chief among them a changing position at
: my place
: of employment that has me traveling to various parts of the
country
: at a
: moments notice. This is the case with last weeks bulletins, they
: were done
: (and used on several nets) but not distributed to the reflector
: (because I
: was called out of town).  I returned home this morning (Saturday)
: at 6am
: local time.
:
: Please look for the missing sets to be transmitted along with this
: weekends
: ANS release.
:
: I apologize to the entire satellite community. Trying to juggle
: work and
: many of my volunteer duties has been a very frustrating thing for
: me in the
: last two weeks. The good news is that the work position that I
have
: been
: filling in for has been filled -- which means my regular work
: schedule will
: hopefully now return and everything should get back to normal.
:
: This recent ANS problem underscores the need for an assistant
: editor to
: "pick up the ball and run with it" when I can't. I have been
: working in that
: regard recently with the appointment of Mike, N1JEZ, as ANS
: Principle
: Satellite Investigator. Mike reports on the activities of all the
: in-orbit
: birds (and as one of the most active and knowledgeable operators
: around) his
: reports are accurate and timely. In addition, I have started
: preliminary
: work with another individual to help  with the actual bulletins.
:
: I know how important the ANS Bulletins are to many, many
: individuals, and I
: apologize for any inconvenience my recent actions have caused. I
: alone
: accept full responsibility.
:
: Please look for a normal resumption of ANS bulletins sets starting
: with this
: weekend.
:
:  --73 Dan NN0DJ--
:
:
: ----
: Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
Dan-
Please don't worry about it. You've been doing a fantastic job and
I'm sure that you will continue to show what AMSAT is made of. The
paying has to come first, AMSAT isn't the one that put food on the
table but, wouldn't it fun to work for AMSAT . . . ;-)

--
Jeffrey S Austin
Freshman Civil Engineering Student