Operating from V73 Marshall Islands

To all Radio Amateur Satellite Operators,

I have obtained a position in the Marshall Islands for two (2) years and
will be bringing my amateur radio gear with me.  I will be bringing my HF
gear as well as my satellite gear in hopes of activating V73 on the
satellites.

I arrive on the island 7 July 99 and should be active (QRV) shortly
thereafter.  I hope to QSO all satellite operators either via SSB or CW,
Oscar 10 (AO10), Mode B and RS12/13, Mode KA.  I will plan my SSB operation
on 145.890Mhz and my CW operation around 145.875Mhz working split in either
case as needed, listening DOWN.

I will be bringing my Yaesu all-mode VHF/UHF radios, KLM antennas, VHF
pre-amp, and UHF amplifier. I am considering not taking my long boom KLM
antenna, but replacing with a 11 element beam for shipping purposes.  My
quarters/house is located by the beach, therefore, my operations may not be
daily as I may have to take down the antennas after every operation.  I am
planning on trying to set-up a satellite station at the Kwajalein Amateur
Radio Club Station, V73AX.

I have plenty of time to QSO the deserving, so do not be disappointed if I
do not QSO all the first week of operation.  Of course my job comes first,
therefore I will operate during my spare time.

I also am planning to be QRV from Wake and Johnston islands as a minimum.  I
will keep you all posted on any operations.

Good luck to all and do not hesitate to e-mail me for suggestions and
comments.  I may need help at times especially being around this saltwater
environment.

I have sent a copy of my orders to the ARRL DXCC Desk for DX accreditation.

Please pass this info to all satellite operators.

CU in the pileups and on the birds!

73 & Good DX!
Bruce Smith, AC4G
Ex-N4GAK