Re: Anybody know about this company?

James,
Wow! I haven't seen one of those in over a decade!  Those were one of the
infamous "cheater" MMDS downconverters popularized in the early 80's by 73
Magazine.  They worked great.  You used a coffee can as a feedhorn and a 30"
aluminum snow sled for the dish, fed power to the VXO up the 75 Ohm coax, and
controlled the IF frequency (channel 2-4 on your TV) with a variable voltage
power supply (about 5-9 volts did the trick).  They were not temperature
compensated, so constant tuning was required when the temp outside changed.
MRF-901's as my memory serves.

The first time I ever saw Showtime was on one like that.  Later models used
an all-thread rod and a bunch of washers as reflectors--sans the dish.  I
used to feed mine back out to my outside TV antenna and all my neighbors
would watch by pointing their antennas at mine.  I discontinued that practice
when I realized I was illegally transmitting stolen property--I was much
younger then :-)

I have often though that it would be a piece of cake to take one of those and
use 6 meters as the IF.  Anybody know why that wouldn't work?

73,
Jerry, K5OE