RE: Amsat ostracising potential help ?

On Wednesday, June 09, 1999 2:11 PM, Dave Cawley
[SMTP:Timestep@dial.pipex.com] wrote:
:
: From: Dave Cawley
: Cambridge  England
: Timestep@dial.pipex.com
: Tel.  +44 1440 820040
: Fax. +44 1440 820281
:
:
: Richard
:
: Previous e-mail
: > (I am an) Amsat member under a pseudonym, 'cos AMSAT UK refused
: > to let me
: join !
: >Reply.  And I agreed with that decision - still do  < Richard W L
: >Limebear
: G3RWL
:
: Richard, even Ron Broadbent has suggested "let bygones be
bygones".
:  I'm
: shocked by your attitude !  I believe AMSAT is floundering and so
: too is
: amateur radio, we need to push the hobby in an open way to young
: people.  I
: believe single minded obsession with Phase 3D and packet
satellites
: is a
: wrong way to go.  Also I'm not happy with the proliferation of
: almost
: inaccessible satellites from universities, why the secrecy ?
:
: I have done more than most, to introduce young people into
: satellite
: technology and I was first interested in radio at the age 9.  I'm
: sad to see
: the way things are going.
:
: Regards
:
: Dave
: G4IUG  Ex G8EAO  Ex G6ANG/T  30 years !
:
:
:
:
: ----
: Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
Dave-
AMSAT is not floundering . . . in fact I'd say that Amateur Radio as
a whole is in a state of transition and having to rethink its place
in the world of technology. I don't know what happened to have
AMSAT-UK say no to your joining AND providing them with money (in
terms of dues) but you might what to reconsider your position. Once
again, take a couple steps back and take another look at the entire
picture.

-73's de Jeff W8JSA