RE: [htaprs] Re: BBS's versus DIGIPEATERS in space

Sounds like you want to turn it into some kind of a private
system for just a few elite users?!?!  "You get one contact
on this repeater - ever".  Sorta like your one phone call when
you get arrested?

Well... sorry, but I have to agree to disagree.  Your proposal
has no merit whatsoever for the operator seeking VUCC or WAS.
As long as it is an open system, why should anyone be restricted
to one contact, one QSL, no chance for VUCC or WAS???  I still
cannot see what you are trying to produce by saving the bandwidth
on MIR.  UI contacts are to date some of the most efficient use of
MIR.

> And believe me they will dissappear when you send them a
> card...nothing special... just a QSL

Oh-really?

FYI, MIR QSL cards are already available, many users have one,
and they still use the BBS, and make UI contacts.  I got a QSL
from MIR quite some time ago, played the BBS game for awhile,
and then discovered UI contacts.  Fortunately, the controllers
and users all agree with this.

> Roger
> WA1KAT

Guess there isn't more to say on this, see you all on RS-13,
or on UI packets over MIR.  Y-all have a great day!!!

Vy73,  Mike.   KD9KC    MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@elp.rr.com  -  kd9kc@amsat.org
Home page: http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/
The farthest WEST ham in West Texas.