Monday's MIR passes

Lets continue this handheld QRP via MIR test for 2 more days (Mon and
Tues) and then let the SIG here have a rest. (I also go in for general
surgery on Wed, so cant play anymore). So here are the predicitions for
the USA for Monday:

   PDT   MDT   CDT   EDT
   ----  ----  ----  ----
   ...   ...   ...   1104
   ...   ...   1137  1238
   1110  1212  1315  1418
   1245  1347  1450  1553
   1421  1523  1625  1728
   1557  1700  1802  1905
   1723  1835  1938  2041
   1908  2010  2113  2216
   2045  2147

Remember, UI frames only, no connects, and QRP only.  Anyone wanna try 1
or 2 watts?   By the way, remember, we have several advantages operating
satellites with an HT compared to a base station.

1)  No line loss, no pre-amp needed (Maybe 3 dB better than Home Stn RCV)
2)  No line loss on transmit.  (Maybe 3 dB better on XMIT)
3)  U can easily match polarization (Avoids 6 to 12 dB fades at home)
4)  U can hold Ant Horiz to get coverage overhead (avoids 20 dB null)
5)  Disadvantage is 6 foot antenna height.  But hey, the Horizon
    is 10 dB down due to range anyway...

Thus, during an overhead pass greater than 45 degrees, you might pick
up 6 to 12 dB over most Base stations in your area.  THese passes only
occur once a day or so tho...  But still, just matching your antenna angle
for maximum strength is something that even base stations cannot do...

de Wb4APR, Bob