Re: BBS's versus DIGIPEATERS in space

> > BBS'S ARE NOT THE WAY TO USE PACKET RADIO ON SATELLITES!

John Maglicane rsponded:
> That's not entirely true.  FO-20 and FO-29 work just fine as BBSs when in
> Mode JD, and the remaining digital satellites are even better since they
> use the Pacsat Communications Protocol rather than operate as plain BBSs.

Absolutely.  Sorry, thats what I meant.  The pacsat protocol is beautiful
for delivering bulk traffic and files to LOTS of people simultaneously.
In fact, we should be doing that on the ground too.  One 9600 baud channel
in your home town, could deliver over a 8 Mbytes of WEB pages and HAm
radio news to evveryone's PC every day.

APRS's niche is as an everyone-to-everyone protocol, where the size of the
traffic is only a line or two per station...  Sort of what a lot of HAM
radio has always been about...