Re: [sarex] Saturday's MIR passes (USA)

MIR Fans,
  Nothing heard 1st pass.  BUT if this is like yesterday, then, maybe they
are using the radio while they are awake.  When they go to sleep after
1500 or so EDT, then maybe they switch it back to 145.985.  That might
explain yesterday too...  de WB4APR

> MIR normally switches to SSTV on the weekends and turns off Packets, but
> anything from space on 145.985 is still fun.
>
> PDT   MDT   CDT   EDT             Besides, anyone can see the SSTV
> ----  ----  ----  ----            pictures too, by simply taking the
> ...   ...   ...   1148            audio from their receiver into their
> ...   ...   1220  1323            sound card and using W95SSTV or other
> 1152  1254  1357  1500            SSTV software.
> 1327  1429  1532  1634
> 1503  1605  1707  1810
> 1639  1742  1845  1947
> 1815  1918  2021  2124
> 1950  2052  2155  ...
> 2127
>
> If there are any TYPOS in there, just remember, MIR orbits the earth once
> every 95 minutes or so and we simply rotate underneath that orbit  on our
> 24 hour cycle...
>
> Notice, that the "time frame" of passes is the same worldwide "local
> time".  Once you hear them, then just add 95 minutes for the next pass
> no matter where you are...
>
> de WB4APR, Bob

APRSdos REPLY/COMMENT:

Reply mail addr:   wb4apr@amsat.org
US mail address:   115 old Farm Ct, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
See DAYTON97 HISTORY:    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/dayton.html
See Maryland APRS LIVE:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See GPS on ANY radio:    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/mic-e.html