Beta Tester's Wanted

Dear Friends,

I am in search of FT-847 owners who would be willing to
test my InstantTune software.

InstantTune is a radio tuning driver for InstantTrack.
It provides "One True Rule Tuning" on the FT-847 as
described nicely by Paul Williamson, KB5MU, on the
AMSAT web site.

InstantTune does not require any special hardware, it uses
a PC serial port. There is no user interface, all control
is done through InstantTrack.

To use InstantTune you need:

1. FT-847 (G or later version or with CAT read upgrade)
2. PC with minimum '386 cpu, 1 meg ram, 1 available COM port
3. DOS 5.0 or later, OR Windows95
4. Registered copy of InstantTrack

The software is free and is Y2K compliant.

I have done some testing myself on a 386SX, a Cyrix 686, and a
Pentium MMX but I cannot test the FT-847 "on-the-air" as
I have no antennas at the moment. On the other hand, I will
do my best to debug and fix problems that show up. I am
planning a presentation on InstantTune/847 for the next
AMSAT Space Symposium. Once the software has been thoroughly
tested, I will make it available for free download.

Please send email directly to me if you are willing
to participate in the Beta test or have questions. I
will email the software.

Thanks!
Tony

Tony AA2TX@amsat.org