Re: RE: [sarex] Packet VIA MIR while backpacking

On 06-02 03:04pm CDT, the following was written:

> I figure when the MIR passes a bit south of me, I should be able to get
> folks in Canada and maybe in the northern US?  What do you guys think?
> Or am I just going to be talking to myself?   Are there any stations in
> eastern Russia? Or north?

>From here in Birmingham, using my HP200LX and my FT50 from my patrol car I
have worked stations as far away as northern Washington state via UNPROTO
using R0MIR as the digipeater. You should be able to make plenty of
contacts!

73 es gl Jeff W4JEF

    *--------- Jeff Johns W4JEF - AMSAT# 32615 - QRP-L# 1857 ----------*
    |jeffj@scott.net  w4jef@amsat.org |     Reserve Patrol Captain     |
    |  Satellite: Mir R0MIR-1, AO-27  | Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept|
    |200LX+BayPac+FT50=Portable Packet|     QTH Birmingham, AL USA     |
    *------------ Finger jeffj@scott.net for my PGP RSA key -----------*

Goin' Postal - HP 100/200LX (v3.07beta) REGISTERED