RE VX-5 now AO-27 use.

In a message dated 6/2/1999 12:34:39 PM US Mountain Standard Time, Milcom1
writes:

<< Gerry....not real questions, just haven't seen anyone talking up any of
these radios.   I sent my VX-5 back to yaesu for the speaker howl
problem,waitig for its return. >>

Sorry to hear that.  I've had mine since April when I was first licensed and
use it regularly... almost daily.  It's wide RX makes it useful for
everything from listening to HF to listening to the local TV stations to
normal VHF/UHF usage.  I take a bus to work from the suburbs of PHX to
downtown and wouldn't be without it.

I also used it this weekend to make about 6 contacts on A0-27.  My only
complaint is that I can't call on one VFO and simultaneously listen on the
other.  That makes working the satellites more of a challenge since I can't
hear my own signal.  (Or, if there is a way to do this and I missed it,
please tell me!!!)

I used an "arrow antenna" BTW.

Best wishes,
Gerry, K1LRO