Re: Need help: Hurricanes

John, probably one of the finest magazines illustrating hurricane and
other weather phenomenon is the "Mariners Weather Log" publication.  It
might be too heavy for your daughter but possibly you can evaluate a copy
and make that decision.  It is published by:
U.S Department of Commerce
NOAA
1315 East-West Highway
Distribution Unit
Silver Spring, MD  20910
ATTN: Mariners Weather Log

interest in weather.  This publication is rather specific for the sea
going interests which means you will see lots of pictures of old merchant
marine officers like me getting plaques for reading the barometer, but you
can ignore that concentrating on the superb educational articles in each
issue.  Biology, Oceanography, El Nino are all covered!  Cliff K7RR