Re: Need help: Hurricanes

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Michael P. Olbrisch wrote:

> 	What I need help with is, for her summer science project,
> she will be studying and tracking Hurricanes.  Does anybody know
> of a good web site or sites to track hurricanes real-time or
> near-real time?  Something that shows lat-lon etc.

Tune into APRS on 144.39 just about anywhere.  All hurricanes are usually
transmitted nationwide.  If you dont want to use radio and a TNC and run
APRS, then go to www.aprs.net and you will see all hurricane objects
plotted there.  The beauty of APRS is that it not only shows you the
storms location, but also the location of all the HAMS that are also on
the air LIVE in the area too.

That web site will start with a map of the South Florida area.  But click
on a map or zoom out to see the bigger picture...

de WB4APR, Bob