[Fwd: Re: LAN noise?]

  Steve,

  I have 3 cat-5 lines (100mb/s lan, dual-phone line and a
cable carrying rig  tx/rx audio) running from the shack  to
every room in my house,  and haven't had any problems with either
RF noise,  or rf pickup running a kw on hf (to a dipole) and
150w on 2 meters occasionally.   I used to get RF pickup from
the keyboard, but that eas easilly cured with a ferrite
bead,  although this would probably degrade the performance
of a lan cable...)

  Stay away from "Linksys" hubs - they have an obnoxiously loud
cooling fan inside...  :^(

  -al