Re: antenna rig and Lightning

Re
> > > I have experienced a lightning strike on my antenna's and in my house, where
> > it completely damaged my radio gear

Me too. I completely disconnect my antennas from my radios after every
session. I still remember the day when I heard a sickening "thwack"
sound as my receiver was hit by induced current from a nearby storm
being picked up through a rooftop antenna.

To prevent static build-up on the antenna I have grounded the metallic
antenna mount through thick copper cable leading to a copper stake
driven into the ground. I protect power and phone lines with a surge
protector power bar and haven't had any more problems.