FT-847 on 9600 pacsats

A friend has loaned me his brand new FT-847 "Groundstation"
to try out for a week.  Reading the manual (and not yet
having taken it out of the box), it appears that this radio
will *NOT* work on the 9600 bps pacsats.  If anyone has info
on whether or not this is the case, please send me a private
note so that we don't tie up the listserv.

Thanks.
--
Mark D. Johns, Cedar Falls, Iowa -- K0MDJ (EN32sm)
 "Heaven goes by favour.  If it went by merit, you would