Friedrichshafen

Hi Eric,

> Looks like I'll be in Eastern Europe (Poland) around the time of
> this year's the Friedrischafen Ham convention.
>
> Having never been there, and having just missed Dayton due to
> work travel, I'm interested in attending.
>
> I was wondering about the logisitics of this show...
>
>   What's the best way to get there (fly directly or fly via
> Zurich and take a train)?
>   Where does one stay?
>
> Any help is appreciated!

Nice to hear from you again.

About going to the Ham Radio, probably the best way is to take a train out
of Zurich airport.
That takes you across the Lake of Constanz with the ferry boat (every hour)
into Germany.
Bus and ticket for the Ham Radio are sold on the boat.
There are daily flights from Zurich to Friedrichshafen, but you're way out
in the "green" and
need a taxi to get to the Ham Radio from the airport.

There are always lots of hams from Poland at the Ham Radio, some of them
come with buses.
Maybe you should find out if you can join a group and travel with them?

About where to stay. I'll ask my friends in Germany for a few places.

You also could write directly to the DARC (Deutscher Amateur Radio Club)
for information.
( E-mail: darc@darc.de)

73s, Hanspeter, HB9AQZ