Re: RE AO-27

Hi Gerry:

Welcome to AMSAT!  I am glad to read that you were successful in hearing
AO-27 with an Arrow.  Note that AMSAT-Argentina and Arizona State
Univerisity plan to put up AO-27 type satellites within the next year or so.
Inasmuch, it looks like we ill have more to work with Arrow antennas!

I believe 5 kHz is the norm for hand-helds.  Given the Doppler shift at 440
it should be adequate for your efforts. My Kenwood TH-D7 has the same.

BTW, I will be operating AO-27 maritime mobile from Lake Powell, UT
05-11JUN99.  Hopefully we can work each other.  I will be a bit upstream
from you...hi.

73,

Russ Tillman, K5NRK
EM-42-oj