Re: Helical array (was ... well never mind)

Zack,

I have had several runs of 9913 going to various antennas at my present
QTH for over a year.  Last week I cut the connectors, to see if there
was any infiltration.  The center conducter, and braid were just as
shiny as new.  I do use garketed N connectors, shrink tubing over the
bottom of the finished connector, 3M electrical tape, fiberglass
electrical tape, and finally coax seal.

We get in excess of 64" of rain per year, and live in the lighning
capital of the world.  I guess the experts are probably right, and
eventually I will see some degradation, but it hasn't happened yet.
Maybe they weren't using the real Belden stuff?

I feel safe for another year.  If you come up with a tap, maybe I'll
install it before the NEXT rainy season begins.

73, Mike

--
                                       __\/__
                                  .oooO   (   )