Explaining this list to other [Was: Freedom of Speech]

I think there's another way out of the problem of acrimonious debates (such
as on P3D) and their possible effect outside of the AMSAT community.  One
way might be to change the trailer already sent with every message.

How about something like this:

    Subscription to the list is open to all.  Opinions expressed are those
    of its subscribers, not necessarily of AMSAT-NA or its membership.

It may not solve the problem entirely and perhaps seem superfluous in the
States.  But could be very helpful in countries where our debating practices
are not commonplace.

Responsible discussion is still an important issue, but perhaps we can
lessen the consequences when harsh or dubious remarks are made.  This is
an international forum, and sometimes Americans (and others) may forget
this in their fervor.

			Respectfully submitted,

			    -- KD6PAG