TNC Comparison

Would like to eventually purchase a TNC for digital transmission to the
various satellites.  I have been looking at the MFJ-1270C w/ 9600baud G3RUH
modem and also the Paccomm TNC-NB96.  I know the Paccomm TNC will interface
with their PSK modem.  Will the MFJ do the same?  If the MFJ won't, what is
out there to accomplish this?  Will this combination (MFJ & Brand 'X') be
less expensive than the $500 price tag of the Paccomm combination?

Thanks for your input...

Joel
OM:  Joel B. Black, KS4AW     XYL:  Kristie H. Black, KF4CHN
Eutaw, AL...............EM62bv     kahblack@mindspring.com
AMSAT member #32589
jbblack@mindspring.com
ks4aw@amsat.org