Re: Helical array (was ... well never mind)

Terry,

Great to see you still around.  Sorry to hear about your wife.  We are
all pulling for her, and you.

Terry Bendell wrote:
>  I estimate
>  we need about 60 feet of 9913 to go from the shack up onto the school roof.
>  And anything you could offer would be most welcome!
The hard-line you acquired would work just great for part of the run.
>From the antenna to the hard-line, you'd need a flexible section, and
then where it penetrates the school.  Usually the same cable guys have
the connectors (N) to use with the aluminum jacketed hardline.  There is
also another connector available, and I hope someone jumps in here and
tells you where to get them.

It gets better.  McCoy Phillips, N5YAV, mphill@tsixroads.com has a pair
of 70 cm helixes he'd give to your cause.  He's in N Mississippi.
Contact him direct to work out the details.

60 feet of coax is yours.  I have the rigid 9913, and it is not a good
idea to use it to the rotatable array.  I use a section of 9913 flex,
and some good quality N connectors.  So, tell me exactly how much you
need, (of the 9913 rigid) and I'll cut it and get it coming your way.  I
have some of the new 2 piece, "solder on" N connectors (I love them!)
they are silver/teflon/gold pin, and go on like PL259 connectors.  I can
throw a couple of them in the lot also.  I've got a lot of aluminum,
different lengths and diameters; yours if you need any of it.  Bill
Briles, W0OQC suggests buying a garden rake on a fiberglass handle from
Home Depot, and cutting off the rake.  He says they make great
non-conductive cross booms.

>  Thanks Mike, I will do that! and I will keep you informed on the progress
>  of the installation and kids elective.
Terry, please do.  Your cause is a noble one, and I'm sure you will get
whatever help you need from the fine people on this reflector.

73, Mike

                                       __\/__
                                  .oooO   (   )
                                    \_)