Re: Getting P3D out of the US

As the person who seems to have started this ball rolling, I will close my
comments here with the following:

Russ,
 I do not favor any sort of nonsense regarding giving Phase 3D to a
museum, nor do I favor giving up on it. I did, if you will remember,
try passing my own questions via non AMSAT-BB channels, and got what
can only be described as zip in the way of reply. Now, I know that
I'm not a big-league op, nor rich enough to have shoveled a lot of
money towards the launch campaign, but if I see something that I
think should be getting attention from those in charge, I am eventually
going to ask for some sort of answer, and I still haven't seen one.
 As far as I can read, all that's been said is "remain calm, all is
well". That is not an acceptable answer. The reply that the area
Phase 3D is in doesn't count as US territory is bogus, that law was
written to cover import/export *taxes*, not hardware. As for any
existing export license, if you think it can't be interfered with,
ask Motorola about their last two Iridium satellites, then tell me
again.
 Sorry, all, I'm not going to set down and shut up while the water
laps around my lower lip....

Later,
Andy.