Re: Getting P3D out of the US

Do indeed take my condolences and understand that I appreciate your
thoughts!  Many thanks for you reply to me personally as well.
     Terry, I was so disgusted about two years ago that I gave up the Area
Coordinators job, gave up the 75 meter net that I have had for over ten
years and in general was so put out that I thought the construction of a
satellite outside of phase IIID was the only way.  If that were not
enough, I ended up with the board of Project Oscar, the organization that
started this affair.  Between Project Oscar and personal donations, the
figure comes to many thousands.
     AMSAT and Project Oscar have made just about every mistake possible
over the years.  Some of them were similar to those made on the BBS
minutes ago---not realizing that international dealings are far different
than screaming at your local city mayor!  I am one of the least patient of
AMSAT members as many might attest, but it becomes essential we not delve
in negative numbers.  I'll be one of the first to support a mode J
transponder in any orbit rather than the overbuilt phase IIID we have now!
But the bird exists, is built and will eventually be launched.  No ham in
the world will avoid using the transponder---only dumb politicians do
that!  The world is just too complex to try and explain why every nut in
the world is on AMSAT's case, much less explain to a bunch of kids
who manipulate the world on a $500 keyboard why AMSAT is not as successful
as Star Wars is with a thirty million budget!  73  Cliff K7RR